This morning, I woke up SO ready to take on Saturday in full force. I felt excited about getting outside this morning for a Upper Body, Core & Cardio Workout. Also, my almonds that I had placed in a jar of water the night before to soak were ready to be blended up to make my first ever batch of home made almond milk! Before my 30 Day Challenge, I was drinking that processed, pasteurized almond milk from the store...during my 30 Day Challenge this has been one of my 'vices' that I had to let go of. I've known the whole time about being able to make my own home made almond milk (which I can have during the 30 day challenge), but haven't had the time until today! First I wanted to post a picture (pic above) from my Arbonne Spa Party I had the other day. I made up some macro/vegan meals for my lady guests, and they were a hit! I served up 'Mock Chicken Salad', Hummus, Salad w/ citrus ginger vinaigrette and my beloved raw vegan chocolate pudding!
The 'Mock Chicken Salad' was a hit, even my boyfriend likes it! And of course, chocolate pudding was phenomenal! Me and my lady guests had such a great time getting our mini-facials and makeup makeovers, the before and after was amazing. Kristy is SO talented at doing our makeup makeovers! Thanks Kristy!
I served it fresh and cool out of the refrigerator in cups and my guests couldn't believe that this chocolate pudding was raw, vegan and made from simple and super good for you ingredients! It's so tasty and there are so many different variations to this recipe!
On to my fabulous home made ALMOND MILK! Oh good lord was it SO much tastier and satisfying then the crap I bought in the store! First, I soaked 1 Cup of Almonds in a jar with filtered water. Fill jar up with filtered water to cover almonds completely + 2 inches more of water. Sit on counter top to soak overnight. Then follow directions below!
- 1 Cup Soaked Organic Raw Almonds (drain water)
- Blend Almonds in good blender first.
- Then add in 2-3 cups water until you get desired consistency.
- Strain almond milk mixture through nut milk bag into a big glass jug or jar.
- Squeeze all of almond milk from nut milk bag.
- Place nut 'cheese'/leftovers to side (DO NOT THROW OUT!)
- Put almond milk liquid back in blender.
- Blend in 1-2 tbsp vanilla extract, 1-2 pitted dates/agave/stevia, these are optional and for whatever your preference is.
- Also, you could add mint, raw cacao, fresh squeezed orange juice and so on to add different flavors!
- Store in fridge, keeps for 3 days or so. You can flavor you leftover nut 'cheese' to taste like cheese or use it in different recipes, so don't throw out the leftovers!
For my Ripped Ass Woman Upper Body, Core & Cardio workout, I took it outside under the sun and to a park near my house that has chin up and dip bars. I hooked up my TRX around one of the chin up bars. Below I give alternative exercise moves if you don't have a TRX:). Enjoy!
Ripped Upper Body, Core & Cardio Workout:
Part 1: Strength - Do 1 Round of following exercises.
- Chin Ups 12 Reps
- TRX Atomic Push Ups (OR Push Up and Squat Thrust) 10 Reps
- TRX 1-Leg Shoulder Press 16 Reps (8R/Leg) (Do Pike Press w/feet Elevated on Chair)
- TRX Atomic Push Ups 10 Reps
- TRX Dips (OR Dips off Chair or Bench) 15 Reps
- TRX Low Rows (OR Inverted Rows or Bent-Over Rows) 15 Reps
- TRX Y Flyes (OR Incline Bench Back Flyes) 15 Reps
- TRX Atomic Push Ups 10 Reps
- TRX Tricep Overhead Extension (Or Standing Overhead Tricep Extensions) 15 Reps + 20 Pulses (Upper Half Range of Motion)
- 1-Leg Elevated (On Dip Bars, 4 feet high) Push Ups 5R/Leg; 2 Sets
- Hanging V Leg Raise (Holding body off ground on dip bars, raise legs up in V) 10 Reps; 2 Sets
- Inverted Rows (Overhand Grip 10 Reps/Underhand Grip 10 Reps) 2 Sets
- Body Dips on Dip Bar 10 Reps; 1 Set
Part 2: Cardio
- Set Timer for 10 minutes. You will perform exercise movement for 45 seconds of effort and have 15 seconds rest. So you will do 10 intervals of 45 seconds of effort and 15 seconds of rest for total of 10 minutes.
- You will alternate between two exercise moves. Start with Sprint Runs for first 45 second interval. Rest 15 seconds. Then perform High Knee Jump Rope Skips for 45 seconds, rest for 15 seconds. Keep repeating and alternating between these two exercises for 10 minutes.
- Sprint Runs: I ran 'suicides' in outdoor basketball court between one end, to mid court & back, then from one end to the other end and back. Basically, just sprint between two points for 45 seconds and you're good.
- High Knee Jump Rope Skips: I used my rock climbing rope for extra challenge because it is heavy, but any rope will do. Do jump rope while doing high knees. Or just do your best and go your hardest at jumping rope or high knees.
Now, chug some water, lie down and congratulate yourself because you just completed a Ripped Ass Woman workout!
I had a surge of energy later in the afternoon, and decided to take my bike out for a spin around town. So fun, relaxing and got a good 45 minutes of hills and flats in! Now time for an ice cold frosty home made lemon drink!
To Your Health,