Ready for a challenge this October? This challenge is perfect for those that have little-to-no equipment at home (because you can substitute dumbbells for the barbell!) and also for those who have gym memberships but never have a good workout routine when they finally make it to the gym. AND if you are getting bored with the same old workouts you've been doing for the past month, this challenge is a GREAT way to spice it up in the gym!
We're going to keep it REALLY simple and easy to do this challenge because I know you all don't have a lot of extra time on your plates.
October's Dumbbell/Barbell Strong & Fit Challenge:
Here are your guidelines:
- Every Sunday I will post your Upper Body & Lower Body Workout Routine for the week
- Every Sunday, I will also post the workout schedule for that upcoming week
- Every week YOU will do the Upper Body & Lower Body workouts, plus 1-2 cardio workout sessions
- If you're working out at home you will need:
- an exercise mat
- a set of 5, 10, 15, and 20 lb dumbbells or a barbell with enough weight to hit 40 lbs.
- you can also use Kettlebells if you wish
- jump rope
- step bench or a bench (for doing bench presses)
- stop watch or use the stop watch app on your phone
- If you're working out at the gym:
- Make sure you know where the above mentioned fitness equipment is!
That's it. Just 3 steps to getting started. Make sure you follow this blog so that you get the weekly Sunday emails (this week's email will be sent out tomorrow so that you can get started on October 1st). Print out each week's post and pin that print out up on your refrigerator so that you have your week's workout schedule and routines in an easily visible spot and as a daily reminder.
P.S. - If you need a little fitspiration, check out our motivational workout clothes over at our shop, the Brave Angel Shop. In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) - Brave Angel will be donating $1 of every sale in the month of October 2014 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!