October Barbell Challenge
Cardio Workout Routine
Plain and simple cardio workout routine: hit the pavement for a 30 minute interval run!
What's an interval run? Using an interval timer, like this one here, warm-up for five minutes at a walk/jog pace (depending upon your fitness level), then after warming up do the two following intervals back-to-back for thirty minutes:
- Run at max pace for 1 minute
- Walk or Jog at moderate pace for 2 minutes
- Do 10 rounds of these two intervals (30 minute workout)
Not able to run? Hit any cardio equipment at the gym (elliptical, stair climber, arc trainer) and do same intervals mentioned above for 30 minutes (max effort for 1 minute, moderate recovery effort for 2 minutes).
Additional Cardio Options:
- Jump Rope (intervals of 50 seconds jumping, 10 seconds rest) for 10-20 minutes
- Plyometrics & Calisthenic Exercise (like this workout on my blog)
- Spin bike/spin class for 45 - 60 minutes
That's it, basically your cardio day will involve running, jump rope, plyometrics, spinning, etc. for 30-60 minutes depending on your skill and fitness level. Have FUN with it! If you have questions, comment below and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Rock on #BarbellBabes,