Oh boy did I do an amazing workout today! It's SO beautiful out here in Baltimore, so instead of hitting the gym I worked out by my pool on my patio. This workout was just with my body weight for the most part, so you can get off the couch and do this workout while you read on to learn about Cauliflower-Carrot Patties! 'Learn while you Burn' baby! Workout:
Part 1: (Strength/Toning) 1-3 Rounds (I did 3 Rounds)
1. 10 Reps/Leg Forward Lunge
2. 10 Reps Plie Jumps (Wide stance, toes point out, sit down into squat and power/jump up)
4. 10 Reps/Leg Reverse Lunge
5. 10 Reps Squat Jumps (Same as plie jumps, but feet are shoulder width apart and toes point straight forward not out)
6. 10 Reps/Leg Step Ups (Step up onto a chair, bench, or even from kneeling down on one knee-up to standing)
7. 10 Reps Side Bridge Lifts - 10 Reps Side Bridge Leg Raises (Right Side) (Lie on right side, on right elbow, right leg bent, left leg straight, raise hip up and down off mat for 10 Reps; then hold hip up (Side Bridge) while you raise left leg up and down 10 Reps)
8. 10 Reps Side Bridge Lifts - 10 Reps Side Bridge Leg Raises (Left Side)
9. 10 Reps/Leg of Elevated 1-Leg Hip Lifts (Lie on back, place feet/heels up on chair or bench, raise left leg straight up, now raise hips/butt all the way up by pressing right heel into edge of chair or bench, lower hips down and up for 10 reps)
10. 20 Reps/Leg Donkey Kicks (Get on all fours, come down onto elbows, flex both feet, now press heel back and up like you are trying to kick a door closed behind you, do 20 Reps w/Right leg than 20 Reps w/Left leg)
11. Perform a Wall-Sit for 100 seconds
Now do #1-11 for a second and third round.
Part 2: Cardio - Do each exercise for 20 sec effort, 10 sec rest interval twice than move onto next exercise. Perform 1-2 rounds of circuit below for a good cardio & fat burn after toning those bootays!
1. Pendulum Hops (Come into an 'Upside Down V' or 'Downward Dog', bring feet close together, raise one leg out to side, as you lower that leg to center hop other leg out to side, resembles pendulum on clock)
2. Pike Jumps (Come into 'Upside Down V' position again on mat, bring both feet to left side of mat, hop feet up and over to right side, keep hopping side-side of mat in upside down V for 20 sec)
3. Squat Thrusts (Come into plank up on hands, feet together, hop feet apart and up toward hands, then hop feet back and together, repeat)
4. V-Up Bicycles (Lie on back, hands behind head, knees up/feet up so legs make right angle, twist torso to bring right elbow to left knee as you extend right leg out and raise upper body up off mat to make V with body, return to start, now bring left elbow to right knee as extend left leg out and raise up, keep alternating)
5. Prisoner High Knees (Standing, hands behind head, do high knees)
6. Kick Ups (Sit on bum, place hands behind you flat on mat, raise one leg up and bum off mat, as you lower raised leg, hop other foot off mat and kick that leg up, alternate and repeat)
7. Plyo-Jacks (Do jumping jacks but reach down to tap ankles when you hop feet out)
8. 1-Leg Hop (Right Leg) (Balance on right leg, squat down on right leg and tap shin, power up and hop up)
9. 1-Leg Hop (Left Leg)
10. Sandbag Rotation Swing (Use KB/Sandbag/or Backpack filled with weight) (Stand in wide stance, hold weight, swing weight down between legs as you bend at waist, swing weight up to chin level as you squeeze your bum/core and bring upper body vertical)
Now on to the recipe!
- 1/2 C Grated Cauliflower
- 1/2 C Cooked Mashed Millet
- 1/4 C Grated Carrot
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- A few drops Ume Vinegar or use Tamari/Soy sauce
- 1 TBSP grated onion or chopped green onion
- Dash oregano, basil & 1 TBSP fresh cilantro
- Optional: 1 TBSP Vegenaise or substitute vegenaise for 1 TBSP ground roasted pumpkin, sunflower or flax seed OR 1 -2 TBSP mashed chickpeas
- 1 - 2 dashes cumin powder
- Combine all ingredients and make into patties.
- Put 1 -2 TBSP Sunflower oil in pan over medium-high heat. Don't let oil get so hot it smokes.
- Pat a little bit of coconut flour (or any flour you want or have) on your cauliflower cakes (to help them brown).
- Throw cauliflower cakes in pan when pan is hot. Cook until browned on both sides.
I served up my cauliflower-carrot patty next to a side of my zucchini pasta! So good!
Health & Happiness, Nat