Hi All, If you are human, then there is no stopping those cravings for sweets! Don't deprive yourself of what the good lord gave us, alter the ingredients a bit so that your treats have more nutritional benefits
As a lady, I of course love chocolate and crave some from time to time (every day, LOL!). So I make sure to include it in some of my meals. But, it must be high quality and "healthy" chocolate. RAW CACAO powder is absolutely fabulous to add to my protein shakes or fruit smoothies that I make daily. I get my chocolate fix without feeling guilty and my body reaps the benefits of this wonderful ingredient. Click Here to learn benefits of Raw Cacao Powder. I also drink Shakeology (Chocolate) for post workout or as a meal replacement when I'm in a rush, you can also blend it with frozen strawberries and ice and make a strawberry chocolate ice cream healthy treat! Check out Shakeology by clicking here!
Coconut Oil or flour is an amazing ingredient to add to your daily consumption. It does have saturated fat but is a medium chain fatty acid and is metabolized by your liver differently, so it ends up being good for you (similar to how Olive Oil is good for you). You can use coconut for cooking, take a tablespoon for energy, great for your hair and skin, aids in weight loss, etc. Click here for the benefits of Coconut.
My favorite herbs, spices & natural flavors to jazz things up in the kitchen are:
- Cinnamon - in smoothies, cook in steamed veggies and chicken, in oatmeal/couscous/quinoa, dash on salad
- Basil & Scallions - chop fresh and sprinkle atop salads, veggies, omelettes
- Cilantro - great blended in green smoothies and added to chicken
- Rosemary & Thyme - cook with chicken and salmon
- Cayenne pepper - use just a dash or two in veggies or scrambled eggs
- Mint - blend in smoothies
- Balsamic vinegar - dash on top of salad with spices for home-made dressing
- Lime & Lemon - squeeze fresh juice on top salads, on cooked chicken and veggies, in water
- Orange - Fresh squeezed juice and zest on top chicken while grilling/cooking it for a zing
Now for a great recipe I got from the World Wide Web.... Here is a great way to have your cake and eat it too! Pancakes that is!
Ingredients (makes 5 pancakes)
9 medium egg whites 1 tub of natural fat free cottage cheese (8-9 oz.) 2 teaspoons of cinnamon 2 teaspoons honey (or unrefined sugar, only if you must) 1 cup of oats
1) Combine egg whites, cottage cheese, sugar/honey, cinnamon and oats in a bowl and blend until smooth.
2) Now use a small omelet pan and spray with a cooking spray. On a medium heat pour in mixture until the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
Wait until small bubbles appear on top and then flip the pancake over and cook for another 2 minutes. Place cooked pancakes on a plate and cover w/another plate to keep heat in and keep cooked cakes warm while you finish cooking all pancakes.
Once you have all the pancakes cooked, you can top with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a side serving of your favorite fruit, apple/banana goes really well.
Women eat 2 of these pancakes as a meal. Men eat 3 as a meal.